Senior Associate, Finance
Submitted by indiacontact on 28 November 2019
International justice mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. ijm lawyers, researchers and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
The Accountant, Finance shall work along with the Lead & Associate Finance to use his/her financial skills and experience to ensure stewardship and accountability among Field Office staff. The Accountant position reviews financial transactions, maintains budget and generates reports from that information.
General Accounting & Statutory Compliance:
1. Cash: Review Cash Payment Request Forms for validity, accuracy, and completeness and release cash payments on a timely basis.
2. Cheque: Ensure all tax is deducted at source for all vendor payments.
3. Review Check Payment Request Forms for validity, accuracy, and completeness and release check payments on a timely basis.
4. Review time sheets for validity, accuracy, and completeness.
5. Reconcile Advances for expenses to employees account per QB.
6. Maintain and complete error tracker of all the variances in finance papers submitted by different departments and communicate by 2nd of every month.
7. Responding to the monthly and quarterly error tracker sent by HQ.
8. Appraise, evaluate, and maintain inventory of asset and equipment, recording information such as the asset's description, value, and location.
9. Advise staff on tax plans.
10. Receive the yearly investment declarations from staff and collect the investment proof.
11. Assist in the compilation of the monthly finance packet and preparation of other financial reports required by IJM HQ, the Indian Government, and other funding agencies.
12. Assist the Finance Manager in enforcing finance standards, policies, procedures, and best practices and conducting related training.
13. Assist the Finance Manager in responding to inquiries related to bookkeeping and financial reporting.
14. Assist the Finance Manager on any other activity relating to the functioning of the FO Finance as allocated.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education & Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, CA preferred.
2. 2+ years’ experience in accounting, including bookkeeping and financial reporting.
1. Fluent in written and spoken English and Tamil.
2. Experience with electronic financial systems.
3. Experience working for a non-governmental agency a plus, not required.
4. Detailed Oriented: Ability to manage multiple documents at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.