Security & Rescue Operations Support
Submitted by indiacontact on 11 February 2020
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, researchers and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
The Security & Rescue Operations Support plays a critical role in IJM’s work by assessing potential risks, proposing and implementing appropriate risk management strategies related to the safety and security of IJM personnel and the protection of IJM assets. This individual also in charge of providing security support in all field operations.
Networking & Partnership:
• Security networking to build associations with other agencies that operate in this sphere
• Collaborate with the department heads to identify risks involved in their work and develop mitigation plans
• Collaborate with Director of Partnership and IJM partners to make sure the safety and security measures are in places.
• Coordinate and collaborate with other safety and security point of contacts and ensure the security measures are comply with the standards in Chennai office.
Training and Development:
• Conduct periodical training on safety and security to Chennai field office staff
• Conduct regular orientation to the new staff, interns, volunteers and visitors
• Develop contents related to safety and security and based on the safety and security standards.
• Connect with external safety and security experts to train and build the capacity of the staff to handle security related issues during crisis.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management:
• Ensure all the S&S standards related trainings are documents and reports are prepared for circulations.
• Maintain the inventory of safety and security materials and ensure the materials are available as required for the staff for reference.
• Maintain safety and security training trackers and make sure the expected trainings are organized for different topics and different categories of staff and others.
Events and Logistics:
• Conducts events, trainings and minor programs to make security as organization culture.
• Travel with all the departments staff and field to understand the process involved and assess the safety and security risks and develop mitigation plans and logistic requirements.
• The Security & Rescue Operations Support must work closely with LED Head to schedule periodical trainings and conducts safety and security related assignments to the staff.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education & Experience:
• A bachelor's degree or professional certification
• Two to three years’ experience in relevant job.
• Verbal & Written Communication in English and Tamil
• Organization skills
• Time Management.
• Strategic Planning.
• Anticipate Needs.
• Acting with little supervision
• Manage the day‐to‐day workflow and prioritizing various projects.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.