Submitted by indiacontact on 31 July 2019
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, researchers and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
The Executive Assistant will support the Director of Operations in day to day activities to ensure successful Field Office operations and program outcomes. This individual will proactively coordinate and work alongside all departments in the FO when requests come from HQ and other field offices and follow up on deadlines and serve as primary point of contact to DO.
- Communicate announcements and specific requirements to all staff regularly
- Manage communication related to Head Quarters, South Asia and Chennai Programs
- Liaise and maintain written communication and adhere to deadlines.
- Ensure Chennai Field office deadlines are met, provide reminders and follow up.
- Work closely with members of departments to understand their operational goals and challenges in order to provide proactive support.
Events and Logistics:
- Coordinate, plan, schedule and execute IJM constituent trip logistics and events in Chennai FO
- Coordinate meetings, both within and outside the office and logistics for the projects.
General Accounting & Statutory Compliance:
- Ensure accuracy and follow the finance policies and guidelines in settling expenses and making payments.
- Prepare credit card reports, timesheets, leave form etc.
Clerical and Administration:
- Manage communications and calendar scheduling for all meetings, check in reports and maintain a file.
- Prepare agenda for the regular leadership meetings
- Provide administrative support including organizing, filing and documenting information.
- Reply to email and phone call requests on behalf of the Director.
- Draft emails, memos, reports and materials as directed.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management:
- Prepare agenda for leadership meeting, take notes and circulate them
- Maintain a tracker and submit weekly reports
- Manage vendors and explore good deals for the Chennai FO events and programs
- Review and update Chennai FO presentations and materials on a regular basis.
- Work on special projects.
- Review content and reports.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education & Experience:
- A bachelor's degree or professional certification
- Two to three years’ experience in relevant job.
- Computing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft
- Networking with security POCs in other field offices and other organization’s security staff for the better understanding on the subjects.
- High level of organization and efficient time management
- Ability to collaborate and work well with multiple teams
- Sustained positive attitude with personable and mature judgment
- Works well under stress and delivers as per timelines with accuracy
- Willing to adapt to changing office requirements and priorities
- Strong ethic of service and a passion for IJM’s goals
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Collaborative skills
Send Job Application Form, Resume & Cover Letter
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.