Visual Designer – Contract/consultant
Submitted by indiacontact on 23 July 2019
The vision of International Justice Mission (“IJM”) is to protect impoverished people from violent forces of injustice by working collaboratively with the government to secure their rescue and restoration.
The Visual Designer develops, maintains and produces a variety of promotional and educational material, websites, multimedia graphics, and audio/video productions to support survivor and program needs. This position will be responsible to work with the Branding & Communications team in positioning the issue of Bonded Labor (BL) and Human Trafficking among the key stakeholders through design and content development.
Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation:
- Deliver creative content solutions through the creation of products.
- Ensure organizations brand, style, and tone are implemented across all channels and products.
- Tailor content across many different formats to optimize experience and overall impact.
- Manage the photo/video database of the Communications department and develop audio-video productions as needed.
- Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
Networking & Partnership:
- Develop and maintain a database of the media houses or media personnel to support IJM’s branding.
- Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
Policies and Procedures:
- Assist in conducting presentations for the office on branding and messaging guidelines.
- Assist in ensuring the staff adhere to IJM branding and communication guidelines in their correspondence.
- Assist the other functions in the office to create materials required to help achieve their goals
- Create a brochure/communications material for implementers on victim sensitivity/interactions with victims during cases.
- Assist the other functions in formalizing their presentation, designing handouts and booklets.
- Assist in story telling by capturing pictures and creating videos
- Manage multiple productions and ensure delivery on time and within budget
- Build and organize content libraries that can be adapted across IJM.
- Pioneer innovative storytelling solution through all mediums (visual, audio, etc)
- Develop audio-video productions as needed
- Creative thought and input in the ideation, creation, and development of products
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management:
- Ensure timely reporting of work to the Director.
- Create a database of photos and videos and keep an easy-to-navigate repository.
- Document and report information required for program analysis and M&E
Events and Logistics:
- Support with designing and printing of backgrounds, billboards, brochures and promotional materials for IJM emails.
- Create event collaterals and communications material for the State level consultation.
- Assist in developing videos and photobook of our survivors that can be shared among our key stakeholders.
- Create communication material/report on BL budgets/rehab for survivors that can be shared with stakeholders.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in Visual Communication, Graphics Design, Multimedia etc.
- Strong background in content creation with the ability to communicate clearly
- 3+ years at a Creative/Branding/Digital Agency
- Knowledge of design and rapid prototyping tools, like Sketch and InVision
- The ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- A portfolio that shows strong strategic and conceptual thinking applied across a range of deliverables – with expertise in design, branding, identity, design systems, typography, visual storytelling
- Highly conceptual thinking in both digital and visual design.
- Design tool experience, including Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Corel Draw, Final Cut Pro, Sketch and InVision
- Expert experience with wireframing and prototyping tools
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule.
- A proven, subject matter expert in digital design, user experience design
- Retouching and color correction expertise a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Hindi.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.