Associate Director, Branding and Communication
Submitted by indiacontact on 03 July 2019
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, researchers and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
The Associate Director - Branding and Communication will be responsible to communicate effectively the progress of system reforms against Human Trafficking in West Bengal using traditional and social media. This position will work closely with the Director of Operations, Kolkata (DO), to ensure the field office achieves its goals to collaborate with government and communities to prioritize and address the issue of Human Trafficking. This position report to the Director of Operations, Kolkata.
- Engage media to positively position the State of West Bengal as a leader in addressing human trafficking.
- Support IJM Kolkata, India by developing high quality content to inspire & educate stakeholders.
- Communicate the impact of Human Trafficking and how it can be stopped using various strategic media
- Build IJM as a credible leader, inspiring storyteller and a government partner.
- Lead the Branding and Communications team in the design and effective implementation of communications strategies.
Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation:
- Develop and initiate Social Media Communications strategies.
- Activate formal partnership opportunities with the leading media houses and papers.
- Coordinating and conducting trainings and workshops on Communication and Branding (internal and external).
- Coordinate with Program team to ensure active implementation and follow-up of Monitoring & Evaluation data input and continuously learn about the progress for Communications projects.
- Develop communications content (videos, infographics & magazines) to support IJM Kolkata’s SR program.
- Promote Survivor champions through media and support in mainstreaming them.
- Develop and employ media tracker tool to collect information and data through media coverage of human trafficking.
Campaigns and Logistics:
- Design, implementation and evaluation of campaigns for media personnel and stakeholders as per the office goals.
- Organize events with intentional messaging, branding and event management strategies.
- Develop and execute budget plans to ensure fiscal resources are being used effectively.
- Provide support during rescues
- Willing to travel as required
Required Skills and Experience:
Education & Experience:
- Master’s in Public Relations, Mass Communications or related
- 8- 10 years of job-related experience
- Experience managing program finances and budgets
- Experience in organizing large scale events
- Computer and required tools knowledge
- Understanding of media & communications dynamics
- Excellent communication (both, written and oral)
- Strategic thinking
- Strong networking and relationship management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
Send Job Application Form, Resume & Cover Letter
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.