Senior Coordinator, Government Relations
Submitted by indiacontact on 03 July 2019
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, researchers and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
The Senior Coordinator - Government Relations will initiate, build, sustain and work through strong relationships with key stakeholders from the government in order to meet the program goals. This role is responsible for implementing strategies for the Advocacy team to obtain government buy-in, maintaining key relationships and positioning of IJM System Reform tasks with Government. This position report to the Associate Director of Advocacy, Kolkata.
- Establish and manage strategic relationships with key government officials and relevant stakeholders.
- Identify and network with stakeholders to promote IJM’s Theory of Change and influencing them to strengthen Justice Systems.
- Develop an understanding of the issues that the government is focusing on and aligning to work out the implementation of a strategic plan to match the government requirements.
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams so that data collection, research, branding and recommendations with the government and others can be made effectively.
- Represent IJM at various Government meetings, partner meetings and consultations.
- Work towards signing MOUs with functionaries of the Government of the States of West Bengal and North East India towards launching relevant projects focusing Human Trafficking.
- Present media stories, cases and reports to the government.
- Monitor movement of national and state level policy priorities. Analyse and provide updates to priorities a comprehensive advocacy program.
- Assist the development and implementation of training programs for the external stakeholders whenever required.
- Serve as a resource person as needed for trainings conducted by IJM.
- Initiate and conduct research to support the goals on governments schemes and functions.
- Provide support during rescue operations as required.
- Acquire required data from various government bodies to meet program objectives.
- Prepare and maintain records of GR meetings with high-value stakeholders, such as government ministers, MPs and civil society organizations.
- Track the progress toward quarterly goals, mission and vision, and present these finds at the Monthly Review.
- Willing to travel on a regular basis.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent and related field experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in working with government bodies and community development preferred
- Proficiency in Bangla, Hindi and English languages
- Knowledge and experience of working on MS Office effectively
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of ST laws and procedure
- Thorough understanding of government functions and dynamic
- Result Orientation
- Relationship Management
Send Job Application Form, Resume & Cover Letter
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.