Submitted by indiacontact on 08 May 2019
The vision of International Justice Mission (“IJM”) is to protect impoverished people from violent forces of injustice by working collaboratively with the government to secure their rescue and restoration.
IJM is seeking to hire a Security Manager to serve a critical role in IJM’s work by assessing potential risks and developing and implementing appropriate risk management strategies related to the safety and security of IJM personnel and the protection of IJM assets. The Security Manager will provide IJM personnel with training and services to promote safety and security while engaged in supporting teams and other activities, and take a leadership role in preventing, preparing for and responding to emergencies and other security concerns.
The position is based in Mumbai, India and will require periodic travel within country. The position reports to the Director of Operations (Mumbai).
General Security Management
- Evaluate current political, social and climatic conditions in India (and region) for possible threats to the safety and security of Field Office staff.
- Perform risk and threat assessments for IJM staff, clients, office space and property.
- Support the Regional Security Director and Director of Security Operations in the implementation of security and threat assessments using standard tools and processes, as and when needed;
- Develop, implement and review risk mitigation strategies and operational security plans for field work in collaboration with other IJM teams.
- Assist in the selection/supervision of additional security guards, if necessary.
- Provide on-the-ground leadership in response to critical incidents in the country and provide input to office and country leadership on crisis management.
- Draft context specific security policies/standards and strategies in compliance with IJM global standards security strategies for FO and HQ review and approval as necessary.
- Establish and periodically review plans of action for all security policies, standards and strategies.
- Conduct safety and security drills (phone tree drills, fire drills, evacuation drills, shelter-in- place, etc.) as necessary, at the frequency outlined in the Safety and Security Risk Management Plan.
- Monitor and document the implementation of security policies, procedures and plans of action.
- Ensure that all relevant security information is disseminated in a timely manner to the appropriate IJM personnel and offices.
- Orient new staff, interns, fellows, volunteers and other visitors on safety and security issues related to the office and the project areas, to include arrival briefings.
- Provide or facilitate necessary training and support so that staff have the skills and knowledge to deal with and mitigate risks and threats that arise in their work.
- Manage security requirements for special events, including trips to the field, visits by donors, VIPs, etc.
- Assess and provide recommendations on security related equipment for the office and the field, and work with the equipment custodian for replace or repair when needed.
- Draft and implement policies for background checks of any staff or volunteers with direct access to clients, in collaboration with the HR team
- Ensure that concise, thorough and timely written reports are provided on all security-related activities.
Office Security Management
- Conduct security assessments and threat analysis for the office location as required, and where necessary propose mitigation strategies for specific threats.
- Ensure compliance with fire regulations.
- Provide or coordinate training of IJM personnel to prepare for evacuation, fire and other potential office-based safety and security incidents.
- Work with the Administration Manger to oversee implementation and regular review of the FO's visitor policy to screen and mitigate security risks related to office visitors.
Field Security Management
- Ensure all staff who travel to the field have needed security assessments and risk mitigation support;
- Communicate promptly as needed with staff on security-related issues;
- During IJM supported law enforcement operations, perform the role of the Security Officer, coordinating security related logistics and ensuring the security of all staff and clients.
- Provide ongoing field security trainings to the all teams/personnel who travel to the field; and monitor and document compliance of the field security policies by all staff;
- Assess the security of existing and potential partner organizations that will have direct contact with clients, in collaboration with the respective FO teams, and provide recommendations.
- Assess the security of external locations where IJM will be hosting events (as requested).
- Ensure that all reports, correspondence, and similar documents are communicated to the DILED and Director of Operations in a timely manner.
- Maintain close links with all FO departments to ensure that all projects are implemented with the highest degree of staff safety and security.
- Manage administrative, logistic and budgetary issues related to safety and security programs/procedures.
- Coordinate with the Director of Security Operations (HQ) as necessary on the implementation of safety and security standards and tools;
- Conduct periodic update of all safety and security-related policies and procedures, in coordination with the Global Safety and Security team and other staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Prior experience professional security or risk assessment training.
- Minimum five years of experience in the analysis of security threats, risks and vulnerability, and delivering security services.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Experience in crisis management preferred.
- Experience in security guard/contractor supervision preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite Software, and Windows 2000/XP.
- Self-motivated, articulate and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, Hindi and Marathi.
- Organized, meticulous attention to detail and disciplined with priorities.
- Personable and mature judgment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.