Program Manager, Aftercare Development
Submitted by indiacontact on 18 April 2019
The vision of International Justice Mission (“IJM”) is to protect poor people from violent forces of injustice by working collaboratively with the government to secure their rescue and restoration.
International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a talented Program Manager, Aftercare Development to cater to the care and counseling needs of victims of commercial sexual exploitation. We are looking for a passionate individual who will work with our partner organizations to rehabilitate our clients and mobilize their reintegration into society. This position is a key member of the Aftercare Development team who will report to the Project Director, Justice Systems Transformation to ensure smooth execution of programs. This position is based in Mumbai and will travel as per needed.
- Lead the Aftercare Development team in to accomplish the organisation goals and maintain the standard of Aftercare services.
- Work along with the Project Director, Justice Systems Transformation to mentor the Aftercare Development team as required in all aspects of their work, including leadership, strategy development, project development and management, budget management, and personnel management and training.
- Work with the Project Director, Justice Systems Transformation, Mumbai to ensure all FO staff, interns, fellows and volunteers have a clear understanding of IJM’s mission, operational values, global vision, and FO program, objectives and strategic goals.
- Represent IJM’s casework experience and recommendations before government organizations, non-governmental organizations, media outlets, and other stakeholders and audiences.
- Coordinate closely with Field Office leaders in other IJM offices in India to maximize impact of IJM programs, strength of key relationships and consistency in policies and strategies across IJM offices in India.
- Ensure that ongoing Aftercare interventions are carried out in line with IJM’s mission and with IJM’s core strategies, justice policy, and justice program framework.
- Ensure police and district administration officials are regularly trained on sex trafficking laws and procedures.
- Aftercare Development Team responsibilities
- Ensure aftercare standards are maintained in and through rescue operations, this includes survivor statements, medical care etc.
- Ensure smooth roll-out of all post-rescue services for survivors.
- Ensure Minimum Standards of Care project for survivors is smoothly implemented in the concerned project areas.
- Ensure Child Friendly projects are prioritized in the concerned project areas.
- Ensure Trauma Informed Care projects are successfully implemented in concerned project areas.
- Ensure all training programs designed for the government stakeholders are conducted as per given timelines.
- Coordinate transfers and repatriations of rescued survivors in suitable aftercare homes across the State and country.
- Ensure home investigations, within and outside, the State are conducted in order to determine safe placement options for the client.
- Maintain progress of survivors in the data management system.
- Facilitate the provision of life skills and soft skills trainings for clients.
- Identify and implement rehabilitation and vocational programs at aftercare homes.
- Network and build bridges with NGOs, government agencies and develop sustainable partnerships for rescue, restoration, prosecution and advocacy to provide justice to the victims of commercial sexual exploitation.
Relationships with Stakeholders
- Network and build relationships with the Social service system.
- Advocate for quality care and services in partnership with other key stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Government to set up meetings, organize engagements and facilitate workshops/symposium opportunities on human trafficking.
- Engage with the aftercare homes and agencies and provide programs for rehabilitation and reintegration of victims of commercial sexual exploitation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A degree in Social Work (Masters in Social Work).
- Prior experience working with victims of abuse or children in especially difficult circumstances.
- Prior experience of having worked in care and support programs for children and youth.
- Experience in Process Documentation.
- Counseling experience
- Experience in program management would be considered an asset.
- Exposure in planning and creating budgets would be an added advantage.
- Strong reporting and documentation skills.
- Self-motivated, articulate and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Works well under stress and delivers as per timelines.
- Effective organizer, planner and implementer.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Hindi and one other national language (Kannada/Bengali) would be an added advantage.
Send Job Application Form, Resume & Cover Letter
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.