Submitted by indiacontact on 26 February 2019
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
The Grant Manager will be responsible for finance compliance and risk management working with program staff in planning, granting, budget and financial management. This position will oversee and analyze financial reporting, budgeting, auditing and compliance of the grant to agreed IJM’s procedures and policies.
Indicative Tasks under various categories:
1. Manage all aspects of financial relationships with external groups like auditors etc.
2. Oversee & ensure that grants are implemented in compliance with rules & regulations of relevant donor agencies and according to the operational and financial needs of the organization
3. Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant-related activities
4. Provide technical support and supervise the sub-recipients to ensure full compliance with the donor requirements if applicable.
5. Support in preparation and managing donor/internal audits including liaison with auditors and providing necessary financial archiving procedures to ensure all required expenditure support documents are properly maintained and availed when required.
6. Ensure all financial transactions of Bangalore office are properly authorized, recorded, supported and filed
7. Ensure invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions for successful execution of grant process.
8. Review all transactions for validity, accuracy, completeness, compliance with regulations and budget availability before payments charged to the grant are made
9. Manage correspondences and matters in regard to grant management in consultation with the Program Manager
10. Work in collaboration with the program manager to monitor the grant budgets
11. Develop and monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
12. Ensure grant-related financial capacity building delivered to operational staff and partners (as applicable) to include procurement, reporting and compliance.
13. Ensure all staff and budget approvers charging the grant have been properly trained on US government grant procurement principles and allowability of costs, as appropriate for their positions;
14. Manage the Grants and be an Advisor to all teams on the two grants we’ll be managing next year
15. Managing and supporting the grants requirement and implementation for the organization
16. Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
17. Support in setting grant management policies, and developing and enforcing procedures that assure transparency in the grants processes for Bangalore office.
18. Assist the Finance team and the program manager in analysing the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants
19. Support the Program Manager & DO with reports and financial analysis that is required from time to time
20. Document and report information required for program analysis and M&E
21. Create and manage standardized templates related to proposal development, information gathering/synthesis, donor reporting, and other purposes (e.g., narrative, financial, graphics, presentation, mapping, etc.)
22. Oversee and execute a diverse range of proposals, progress reports, and related projects
3. Problem Solving
4. Entrepreneurial Orientation
5. Interpersonal communication
6. Decision Making
Required Skills and Experience:
Education & Experience:
1. Bachelors degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Management or equivalent.
2. Experience of managing grants/contracts from institutional donors
3. At least 5 years of experience in the field of finance.
4. Experience of setting up and managing donor compliance monitoring systems, developing and implementing relevant tools
5. Strong financial skills in budgeting, income tracking, budget monitoring and financial reporting
6. Understanding and previous experience in donor financial compliance audits is preferred.
7. Prior experience managing USG funded activities and an excellent grasp of OMB 2 CFR 200-(Uniform Guidance).
1. Ability to proficiently use MS Office is essential
2. Ability to design and comprehend process and policies