Submitted by jvenkatarangam on 14 March 2018
To protect the poor from violence by rescuing victims, bringing the criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
IJM is seeking a Program Manager for leading its Delhi Field Office (FO) program, which is designed to work with the government to rescue and restore victims, and bring criminals to justice. The Program Manager will be working closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Primarily with each departments within IJM to ensure that its departmental goals eventually should align with the Delhi FO Program Goals and ensure that it is feeds into the larger goals and vision of IJM.
The Program Manager (PM) will use program design and analytical skills to take the long term vision and programmatic ideas and transform them into focused, measurable, high-impact projects and programs. The PM will be responsible for program design, monitoring & evaluation, data analysis, budget management and knowledge management of programs. Provide leadership with strategic inputs on existing and evolving programs. The Program Manager will also support the Director of Operations in compiling necessary program reports and conducting regular program reviews.
Project Management for impacting Delhi Field Office (FO) project areas:
- Provide regular input to the Director of Operations and other line managers/supervisors on strategic and tactical considerations covering all aspects of program implementation;
- Work directly with program leaders and others they designate to support development and review of appropriate strategies that enable each team and the office as a whole to achieve its targets on time and on budget;
- Assist the Director of Operations, finance administrator and Delhi program leaders in developing draft budgets for the program teams, reviewing budget to actual and projected spending during the year, and working with Regional Program Managers on monitoring restricted spending portions of the FO budget;
- Facilitate development and review of procedures and processes to increase interdepartmental efficiencies and integration;
- Maintain detailed familiarity with the FO program and its implementation by participating in team meetings as necessary and a variety of internal and external program activities;
- Assist the Director of Operations in leading quarterly program reviews and other program review meetings as needed from time to time;
- Compile and draft monthly summary reports and more detailed quarterly reports on progress toward targets, obstacles encountered and key developments;
- Participate in external meetings and events as needed, and provide critical analysis and feedback;
- Act as liaison with the HQ Regional team and other India FO teams on program management issues, sharing knowledge and lessons learned from other programs with Delhi FO program teams.
- Carry out additional projects as assigned by the Director of Delhi operations
Providing support to Program Design, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the Director of Operations – Delhi, South Asia Regional Program Managers, and the Director of M&E, in designing and reviewing new programs, and making changes to current programs in accordance with IJM program change guidelines;
- Work with South Asia Regional Program Managers and FO leaders to develop proposals for the funding of FO programs
- Advise South Asia Regional Program Managers and FO leaders as they set and/or revise annual and project targets for coming years
- Work closely with the M&E Associate to ensure project activities are well documented, including thorough and well organised filing systems with supporting documents according to the FO’s Monitoring and Evaluation Plan and the guidance of the Director of M&E, South India;
- Work closely with the M&E Associate to identify additional M&E needs and ways to measure the current programs;
Required Skills and Experience:
- Three plus year of experience designing and managing complex programs and program budgets
- Master’s degree in International Development / Social Work / Social Sciences or related field preferred
- Facilitation and excellent communication skills in English & Hindi (detail-oriented proof-reading skills)
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Some level of Advocacy background/skill would be preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail and disciplined with priorities
- Professional in demeanor, written and oral communications
- Proactively initiates and facilitate necessary conversations leading to decision making and implementation
- Strong ability to make progress on multiple simultaneous projects
- The person should be agile, relational and willing to learn quickly and constantly
- Must be able to handle significant workload and travel and produce results under pressure
- Must be understanding to other but also have the capacity & skills to be able to translate the Leadership’s expectations to the team
- Team Work
- Work Ethic
- Planning and organising
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.