Submitted by jvenkatarangam on 28 February 2018
The vision of International Justice Mission (“IJM”) is to protect the poor from violent forces of injustice by working collaboratively with the government to secure their rescue and restoration.
International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a dynamic and qualified professional to join our Communications team in Mumbai. As part of the Communications team, the Graphic Designer would create content and resources to combat the issue of human trafficking. This position is based in Mumbai and requires some travel throughout India, and reports to the Communications Specialist.
- Work with the Communications Specialist to develop communications strategy and tools.
- Develop creative tools of communication to create awareness and communicate about sex trafficking to different stakeholders.
- Use social media like Facebook and Twitter to raise the profile of sex trafficking.
- Develop a campaign blog in order to reach a wider audience outside the mainstream media.
- Update content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options.
- Manage the photo/video database of the Communications department and develop audio-video productions as needed.
- Strictly maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information according to IJM Communications guidelines.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or equivalent experience.
- Relevant work experience in media or news outlets.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite Software, Windows 2000, Windows XP and server client networks.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Strong editorial eye.
- Ability to convey IJM messaging goals through written, visual and oral communication.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Ability to speak and write Hindi preferred.
- Organized and meticulous attention to detail.
- Mature judgment and strong interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor.
- Articulate written and oral communication skills.
- Works well under stress and sustains positive attitude.
- Strong ethic of service and passion for IJM’s mission to bring justice to the poor.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.