Submitted by indiacontact on 25 February 2020
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, researchers and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
The LED Associate will liaise with State and District Police officials to build their capacity to combat human trafficking and bonded labour, creating deterrence in Tamil Nadu. The police relations person will support the pre and post rescued procedures in a timely and efficient manner. This role will also support the Head, LED in providing security support in all field operations.
Networking & Partnership:
1. Network and build relationships with State level police officials who could create Government orders, circulars, policies, successful models to create impact on the issues of human trafficking and bonded labour.
2. Network and collaborate with District level police officials conduct pre-, post-bonded labour and human trafficking resource procedures, perpetrator accountability processes, prosecution and measures to create deterrence on the issues of human trafficking and bonded labour.
3. Network with working or retired Police officials and build their capacity to become trainers at Government institutions.
4. Coordinate and collaborate with other safety and security point of contacts and ensure the security measures are comply with the standards in Chennai office.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management:
1. Maintain the inventory of safety and security materials and ensure the materials are available as required for the staff for reference.
2. Maintain safety and security training trackers and make sure the expected trainings are organized for different topics and different categories of staff and others.
Events and Logistics:
1. Identify strategic events to collaborate with State and District Police to position IJM as an Anti-Human Trafficking Expert Agency.
1. Travel with all the departments staff and field to understand the process involved and assess the safety and security risks and develop mitigation plans and logistic requirements.
2. The Security & Rescue Operations Support must work closely with Head, LED to schedule periodical trainings and conducts safety and security related assignments to the staff.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education & Experience:
1. Bachelors or Master’s degree in a relevant area
2. Minimum 2 years’ experience in in working with Police officials
1. Computing skills
2. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft
3. Ability to train various audiences including NGOs/Police/Judges/Revenue officers
4. Good interpersonal skills; relates well with people and excels in social interaction
5. Good command over English and Tamil with fluency in reading and writing
6. Public speaking/ teaching experience preferred, not mandatory
7. Willingness to travel
8. Ability to collaborate and work well with multiple teams
Send Job Application Form, Resume & Cover Letter
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.