Lead - Grants Mgmt
Submitted by indiacontact on 10 January 2020
The vision of International Justice Mission (IJM) is to protect impoverished people from violent forces of injustice by working collaboratively with the government to secure their rescue and restoration.
International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a Lead - Grants Mgmt, to meet with the staffing needs of the Mumbai office as it takes on new projects. The Lead - Grants Mgmt shall work closely with the Sr. Manager, Finance and leadership team on Grant related financial management, budgeting, cash flow, including assessing and explaining long and short-term implications for the organization of alternatives and decisions. This position is based in Mumbai.
Networking & Relationship building:
- Manage all aspects of financial relationships with external groups like sub-grantees, auditors etc.
Field Work and Operations:
- Ensure that all appropriate taxes are promptly paid, and Form 16A are issued for tax deducted at source on timely manner.
- Review timesheets, prepare timesheet allocations, and prepare PRF as per proper class.
Communication and Interpersonal:
- Apprise the Sr. Manager, Finance and leadership team on Grant related financial management, budgeting, cash flow, including assessing and explaining long and short-term implications for the organization of alternatives and decisions.
- Notify Regional Accountant and HQ of any income other than transfer from HQ; ensure source of income is allowable under legal status.
- Assess monthly cash needs, request wire transfer from headquarters through Regional Accountant.
- Review and oversee QuickBooks and post entries, ensuring entries are up to date and accurate each day.
Research, Training and Development:
- Identify areas of weakness in accounts and finance practice within the office and arrive at effective solutions including staff training.
- Advise on the allocation of department-wise budgets and provide assistance and oversight for department heads as they manage their department’s budget.
Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation:
- Implement continuous financial audit and internal control systems to monitor performance, the flow of funds, the adherence to the budget, the expenditures, the income and other budgetary items, and to safeguard the financial assets of the organization.
- Develop and maintain polices and controls for financial functions in India. Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all financial transactions may pass independent and governmental audits.
Documentation, Reporting & Analysis:
- Perform internal control procedures as needed, including small tools and asset inventories.
- Collecting, interpreting and reviewing financial information.
- Review asset inventory & FO records agree to HQ Fixed Asset system.
- Ensure that adequate financial systems, budgets and procedures are in place in for the office that provide accurate reporting and allocating of all funds and expenditures.
- Review all requests for payment and expense reports for proper expense classifications and authorizations; ensure expenses are allocated to the appropriate budget and entered into QuickBooks.
- Provide monthly budget reports to the DO and a monthly budget briefing for the leadership team.
Policies and Procedures:
- Draft finance best practices and implement them in the office.
Required Skills and Experience:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.