Lead, Content Writer
Submitted by indiacontact on 27 March 2020
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of bonded labour, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, researchers and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
The purpose of Strategic Communications department is to build an accurate perception of the issue of Human Trafficking through intellectually credible, emotionally compelling and politically urgent messaging via social media, branding, relationship building, events, and communications
The Lead, Content writer maintains and monitors the creative and administrative systems of the Strategic Communications department. She/He assists the Head in the overall organizational development of the department. She/He closely associates with the media relations specialist, and Social Media team to provide them with the tools they require. The Lead, Content Writer publishes timely articles for the blog based on social trends, monitors the websites, and is responsible for Blog updates. The Lead, Content Writer works with other departments to produce stories based on survivor stories for various media platforms. This position is based in Kolkata and requires some travel throughout India. This position reports to the Head, Strategic Communications.
The success of this role is measured by key result areas which are listed below:
1. Dispersion of high-quality stories created with verified information.
2. Ability to achieve the writing requirements of other teams and platforms created.
3. Speed, efficiency, and depth of story gathering
4. Effectiveness, and impact of creative content.
Indicative Tasks under various categories:
1. Find creative ways to create content for online platforms such as blogs, website, etc.
2. Identify relevant cases and story opportunities in context to current events.
3. Create tools to capture attention of audience for online platforms, through informative, data centered and knowledge-based content.
4. Engage and collaborate consistently with casework and government partnership teams to gather content.
Research and Drafting:
Research, draft, customize and document casework stories for various collaterals.
1. Capture casework stories through all possible means and disseminate them to the relevant audiences, internally and externally.
2. Find creative ways to share casework stories and information to spread awareness of Sex Trafficking issue.
3. Organize and maintain captured data from the field for easy dissemination.
4. Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
Carry out any other additional tasks and projects assigned by the supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education and Experience:
1. Relevant work experience in creating taglines, speeches, Stories, Blogs, etc.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, English literature, or equivalent.
3. Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Hindi & Bengali (preferably).
1. Knowledge of Microsoft Suite
2. Strong editorial eye and ability to convey IJM’s message and image through written, and oral communication
1. Organized, meticulous attention to detail.
2. Mature judgment and good interpersonal skills.
3. Professional in demeanor, written and oral communication.
4. Works well under stress and sustained positive attitude.
6. Strong ethic of service and a passion for IJM’s goals.
8. Result Oriented
Send Job Application Form, Resume & Cover Letter
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.