Senior Manager, Finance
Submitted by indiacontact on 17 December 2018
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
The Senior Manager for Finance will be responsible for the oversight of the financial activities (including budget reporting) at IJM Chennai. This position will be responsible to develop and implement strong internal controls, execution of daily financial operations, perform data analysis and advise senior managers and is responsible for the financial health of an organization. The Accounting Manager will further ensure accurate reporting to both headquarters and the Indian government.
- Oversight of, preparation of, and ultimate responsibility for, review and submission of monthly finance report (“finance pack”) on time.
- Ensure that all appropriate taxes are promptly paid, Form 16 and Form 16A are issued for tax deducted at source on timely manner.
- Ensure reviewing of Cash Payment Request Forms, Journal vouchers for validity, accuracy, and completeness
- Ensure preparation of monthly payroll statement, report and letter to be submitted to the bank for salary transfer. Ensure that all staff are paid in agreement with their salary payment as documented on the Employment letters or agreements.
- Post transactions to QB on a daily basis and provide daily balances to Accountant for reconciliation.
- Reconcile Advances for expenses to Employees account per QB.
- Perform the monthly Cash and bank Reconciliation
- Advise the Director of Operations and leadership team on financial management, budgeting, cash flow, including assessing and explaining long and short-term implications for the organization of alternatives and decisions.
- Implement continuous financial audit and internal control systems to monitor performance, the flow of funds, the adherence to the budget, the expenditures, the income and other budgetary items, and to safeguard the financial assets of the organization.
- Develop and maintain polices and controls for financial functions in India. Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all financial transactions may pass independent and governmental audits.
- Review asset inventory and office records, agree to Company Fixed Asset system.
- Ensure that adequate financial systems, budgets and procedures are in place in for the IJM Chennai office that provide accurate reporting and allocating of all funds and expenditures.
- Participate in the financial planning for the FO and ensure proper accountability for approved budget, including distribution of monthly budget to actual report.
- Prepare monthly finance package and reports for Director of Operations review.
- Review monthly payroll statement, report and letter to be submitted to the bank for salary transfer. Ensure that all staff are paid in agreement with their salary
- Review QB entries for accuracy and completeness and prepare reports for external auditing as scheduled.
- Notify Regional Accounting Manager and HQ of any income other than transfer from HQ; ensure source of income is allowable under legal status.
- Manage all aspects of financial relationships with external groups like auditors etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 15+ years’ related work experience
- Experience working with international organizations
- Experience with creating budgets, keeping program expenditures in line with revenues and strategic focus, and setting and following financial policies and procedures.
- Excellent writing skills in English (Tamil preferred)
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Tamil
- Self-motivated, articulate and able to manage multiple tasks
- Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel
- Organized, meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working for a government agency a plus
- Master’s Degree in Accounting.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.