Navjeevan Home Secondment, Mumbai, India
Submitted by indiacontact on 14 September 2018
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a Secondment to be placed at the Government Special Home for Majors who will provide assistance and support the social services project. This project will include capacity building and hand holding of the shelter home staff in providing minimum standards of care and service provision to all survivors of trafficking placed there for care and protection. This position is based out of Mumbai and reports to the Lila Nanda, Casework team.
The Secondment is responsible for tracking and monitoring the delivery of minimum standards of care and services to all survivors placed at the shelter home. These deliverables are mandated as per the ITPA Guidelines for survivors of sex trafficking.
- Planning, and organizing the roll out of all minimum standards of care services per MSC Checklist with the shelter home staff.
- Provide support, when needed, to the Child Welfare Committee and other external stakeholders and non-government organizations that liaise with the Home.
- Track the timely provision of all minimum standards of care services per MSC checklist with the IJM staff.
- Provide support and hand holding to the shelter home staff with documentation needs of the shelter home.
- Identifying training and development needs for the shelter home staff, for on-going MSC and inform IJM in a timely manner.
- Implement and advise on additional monitoring and evaluating mechanisms to further develop the goals of the project.
This position is based at the Shelter Home in Mankhurd, periodic travel will be required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in working with clients of trauma, experience working in a shelter home is appreciated.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Marathi and English speaking
- Degree in Social Work/ Psychology.
- Strong teamwork skills
- Able to effectively network to form good inter-personal relationships
- Able to function in high stress environments
- Able to function well with government officials
- Effective organizational and administrative skills
- Critical thinking abilities
- Professional in demeanor, written and oral communication
- Consistently reliable and punctual