Documentation and Data Specialist
Submitted by indiacontact on 26 October 2018
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a Documentation and Data Specialist to carry out operations and gather information about victims of commercial sexual exploitation. He must be able to effectively capture a. This positions in based in Mumbai, Maharashtra and requires periodic travel throughout India. This position reports to the Program Manager.
- Identify & investigate cases of commercial sexual exploitation.
- Capture data relevant to the evaluation of the project.
- Analyze and document compiling information.
- Develop and maintain relationships with sources of information.
- Gather and document intelligence on participants and networks of commercial sexual exploitation crimes.
- Participate in rescue operations of commercial sexual exploitation victims and give law enforcement truthful statements about such operations.
- Ensure the IJM Mumbai office complies with all IJM HQ security and safety requirements.
- Carry out additional assignments as directed by the Associate Director of Casework.
Required Skills and Experience:
- MSW with relevant experience in working with data
- Comfortable working in urban as well as rural environments and engaging different types of people in order to gather information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to communicate with different types of people
- Good documentation and report writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Hindi and English. Ability to speak Marathi preferred.
- Organized, meticulous attention to detail and disciplined with priorities.
- Personable and mature judgment.
- Professional in demeanor, written and oral communication.
- Genuinely reliable and consistently punctual.
- Works well under stress and sustained positive attitude.
- Strong ethic of service and a passion for IJM’s goals.