Submitted by indiacontact on 26 October 2018
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a talented Counsellor to cater to the care needs of victims of commercial sexual exploitation. We are looking for a passionate individual who will work with our partner organizations to rehabilitate our clients and mobilize their reintegration into society. This position is a key member of the aftercare team who works closely with the Program Manager to ensure smooth execution of programs. This position is based out of Mumbai and reports to the Associate Director of Casework.
- Aftercare Services
- Attend rescue operations and assist with client statements.
- Coordinate placement in suitable aftercare homes for clients.
- Administer post-rescue care and counseling to clients.
- Attend victim remand and CWC hearings and influence the best decision for clients.
- Conduct home investigations within and outside Mumbai in order to determine safe custody options for the client.
- Consistently follow up with clients per the Minimum Standards of Care. This would include visits to their homes within and outside the state.
- Provide on-going client updates on follow ups and treatment plans for rescued girls in the data management system.
- Client Development & Rehabilitation
- Facilitate the provision of life skills and soft skills trainings for clients.
- Identify and develop rehabilitation and vocational programs at aftercare homes in conjunction with the Program Manager.
- Assist Program Managers in the implementation of programs at aftercare homes.
- Facilitate the provision of end to end services to clients to enable smooth transition into society.
- Relationships with Stakeholders
- Actively seek to become well acquainted with government homes, CWC’s and others partner organizations in the sector.
- Work with the government homes and stakeholders to incorporate best practices to cater to quality services for clients of Human trafficking.
- Liaise between IJM and government to set up meetings, organize engagements and facilitate workshop/symposium opportunities on human trafficking.
- Work with other critical stakeholders to ensure the pertinent issues are highlighted and collaborative solutions are sought.
- Willing to travel as per the need.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Education and Knowledge
- A degree in Social Work (Masters in Social Work).
- Prior experience working with victims of abuse or children in especially difficult circumstances.
- Prior experience of having worked in care and support programs for children and youth.
- Experience in Process Documentation.
- Counseling experience with program management would be considered an asset.
- Exposure in planning and creating budgets would be an added advantage.
- Strong reporting and documentation skills.
- Self-motivated, articulate and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Works well under stress and delivers as per timelines.
- Effective organizer, planner and implementer.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Hindi and one other national language (Kannada/Bengali) would be an added advantage.