Submitted by indiacontact on 26 October 2018
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a Communication Consultant to manage our external and internal communications. The Communication Consultant Communications Specialist is responsible for driving improved communication and engagement inhouse. S/he will be responsible for development and delivery of the internal and external communication strategy .
This position is based in Mumbai, Maharashtra and requires periodic travel throughout India. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategies for improved internal communications/stakeholder engagement
- Advise, consult and collaborate with the Regional Director as well as internal teams on communication strategies.
- Develop a range of new and creative communication and engagement initiatives, tools and platforms.
- Analyse the effectiveness of initiatives, tools and platforms to support the needs of a dispersed workforce.
- Write engaging content, tailoring it to suit to different audiences across the headspace network
- Team Work
- Work closely with the communication team members on assignments and deliverables.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team to enhance the productivity of the team.
- Build rapport with the staff to strengthen internal communication.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Masters in Mass Communication
- Relevant experience in a leadership role preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite Software, and Windows 2000/XP.
- Self-motivated, articulate and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, Hindi and Marathi.
- Organized, meticulous attention to detail and disciplined with priorities.
- Personable and mature judgment.