Human Resources Manager
Submitted by indiacontact on 08 January 2019
The vision of International Justice Mission (“IJM”) is to protect poor people from violent forces of injustice by working collaboratively with the government to secure their rescue and restoration.
International Justice Mission (IJM) is seeking a Human Resources Manager who will play a key role in binding the employees together and partner with the leadership team in accomplishing the overall strategy of IJM. Human Resources will also be a champion for employees, working to increase their contribution and commitment to their work, and HR to be an agent of continuous transformation that shapes processes and culture to improve IJM’s capacity for change. This function is responsible for providing professional HR-related services including overseeing and assisting in Talent Acquisition, establishing and maintaining Performance Management, Training and Development, Retention, Separation, and ensuring Statutory Compliance. This department will care for and provide necessary support and services for the wellbeing of all the staff. This position is based in Mumbai and reports to the Director of Operations.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall organization vision and program goals resulting in high performance culture and increased employee engagement.
- Oversee the planning and execution of Talent Acquisition, establish and maintain Performance Management, Rewards & Recognition and Training and Development to equip staff and create a collaborative working culture.
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures and ensure legal compliance to nurture a positive working environment.
- Build strong and professional relationships with all employees, interns and fellows in order to understand them; proactively enhance employee staff care program to build employee resilience and ensure well-being;
- Promote and engage in harmonious working culture and relationship among the employees.
- Regularly develop and strengthen relationship with colleges to build a national interns pool.
- Maintain professional relationship with all vendors for IJM related to human resource
- Identify list of trainers and vendors who can provide training to IJM employees.
- Build internal relationships with employees, interns and fellows to encourage them, support and motivate them to accomplish their goals.
- Plan, organize and control all activities of the department. Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Manage employee separation process by conducting exit interviews, ensure appropriate knowledge and IJM asset transfer.
- Serve as a POC for interns and fellows onboarding and exit.
- Drive the performance management system and ensure the staff are benefitted from the process. Ensure its documentation.
- Develop and implement strong employee rewards and recognition process to keep the employees motivated.
- Manage employee conflict, issues and grievances and act as an employee facilitator
- Handle critical conversations with employees, internal and external teams while maintaining a high level of social sensitivity and fairness.
- Collaborate with other functions to support their program needs through HR operations.
- Oversee the transactional HR operations on daily basis and ensure its smooth functioning.
- Draft memos and recommendations, presentations to the leadership team and the office.
- Identify training needs for the employees and recommend training programs relevant to employee development (technical and non-technical).
- Regular identify list of workshops, seminars and other relevant events for each year to have IJM participate.
- Monitor the progress and impact of the training programs
- Oversee and conduct research on various HR topics, transfer them into recommendations for Mumbai office HR operations and policies.
- Plan resource requirement, branding of the organization, strategy for hiring of staff (contract and full time) and national interns.
- Plan recruitment drives/ interviews and ensure timely closure of the positions.
- Develop and implement sound induction and on-boarding program for new staff and ensure their alignment to the organization vision, mission and program goals.
- Implement and comply with the laws, conduct audits on compliance and share report with management, take corrective and preventive action as necessary.
- Develop and monitor HR budgets and expenses for each year.
- Oversee employee recognition program and develop creative ways to encourage and motivate employees.
- Analyze staff working pattern regularly and provide recommendations to the leadership.
- Oversee the maintenance of employee, intern, fellows filing and other documentation.
- Develop surveys, monitor and analyze response and develop action plans accordingly.
- Develop and monitor HR department budget.
- Document and report information required for program analysis and M&E
- Oversee, plan and implement office events, trainings and retreats.
- Draft and streamline HR best practices on a regular basis
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures;
- Regularly evaluation HR practices and programs and develop processes accordingly.
Networking & Relationship building:
Field Work and Operations:
Communication and Interpersonal:
Research, Training and Development:
Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation:
Documentation, Reporting & Analysis:
Events and Logistics:
Policies and Procedures:
Carry out any other additional tasks and projects assigned by the supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education and Experience
- MBA in HR or PGDHRM or equivalent
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience in Human Resources Management
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- At least three years of experience in managing teams
- Excellent Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Planning and implementing skills.
- People oriented and results driven
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Fluency in oral and written communication in English & Hindi.
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
- Expertise in MS word and Excel.
- Self-motivated, articulate and able to manage multiple tasks.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.