Associate, Graphic Designer
Submitted by indiacontact on 25 February 2020
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, researchers and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
The Associate, Graphic Designer will contribute to the efforts of the Communications team and the wider office by developing and enhancing the content with effective, clear, and creative graphic design. The graphic designer will also be responsible for the team’s Photography and Videography requirements. This person will work closely with the department head to ensure effective visual communications are developed in par in IJM’s global branding.
1. Create visual communications to convey the messaging in a timely, effective and aesthetically pleasing manner
2. Proactively identify opportunities to strengthen IJM’s visibility through branding
3. Coordinate with outside agencies, printers, etc. as per project requirements
4. Undertake photography and videography projects as required
5. Amend designs after feedback
6. Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
Training and Development:
1. Conduct internal workshops for staff on IJM branding and basic photography
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management:
1. Manage the photo/video database of the communications department
2. Maintain communication equipment
1. Carry out additional assignments as directed by the department head
2. Support other teams in their design requirement
3. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education & Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communications, Design, Fine Arts or related field
2. 3+ years graphic designing experience
3. Expertise in photography and videography
4. A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
1. Experience and good knowledge in design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
2. Proficient in photojournalism and handling a DSLR camera with various lenses
3. Expertise in conceptualising, shooting and editing videos
4. Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
5. Strong interpersonal skills
6. Professional demeanor
Send Job Application Form, Resume & Cover Letter
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.